Living with Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Coping with restricted diets can be difficult for anyone—especially a child. If your child seems to be having trouble dealing with the treatment of Eosinophilic Esophagitis, you can be a great source of comfort and help.
- Keep the lines of communication open, and be sure to let your child know:
- It’s normal to feel sad or anxious
- Following the new diet will help you lead a normal, healthy life
- It’s important to talk about your feelings with a parent or a doctor
- Anything you share with a doctor is confidential and private—he or she can’t tell anyone else without your permission
- Kids are different for all kinds of reasons—you’re great the way you are!